BESAN | HIMALAYAN CHEF
Himalayan Chef Gram Flour is the purest and most natural form of gram flour available, made from 100% whole chickpeas that are sourced from the fertile soils of Pakistan. We believe in providing our customers with the healthiest and most wholesome products, so our gram flour is free from any preservatives or added colors. Besan is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour and is rich in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Our high-quality besan is carefully sourced, traditionally ground, and packed in resealable packaging to preserve its freshness and purity. It is a healthy and flavorful addition to any kitchen.
The Daily Value % of a nutrient in a serving of food reflects how much it contributes to a daily diet. The minimum dietary requirements are 2,000 calories per day.
RECOMMENDED DAILY ALLOWANCE
The American Dietary Guidelines recommend that at least half of the grains consumed should be whole grains. The recommendation is to consume 3 to 5 servings of whole grains per day, depending on age, sex, and level of physical activity.
Gram flour can be substituted for wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio in many recipes, making it a great gluten-free alternative. It can be used as a natural thickener in soups, sauces, and stews, simply add a few tablespoons to the liquid and stir until fully combined. Specially used to make traditional dishes like pakoras and fritters.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
All products of Himalayan Chef have received high-level International Certifications in their respective categories as the primary qualifying standard for every product is certification.
CRISPY AND FLAVORFUL PAKORAS!
- In a large bowl, mix together the gram flour, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and baking powder.
- Add the chopped onion, green chili, and coriander leaves to the bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add the water to the bowl, stirring constantly, to form a thick batter. The batter should be thick enough to coat the vegetables, but not so thick that it doesn't spread.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, drop a spoonful of the batter into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove the pakoras from the pan with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the pakoras hot with your favorite dipping sauce.