Easy to Cook Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and sour chicken is easy to cook food recipe loved by the whole family. It is an ideal chicken to serve over rice. Its sweet and sour taste makes it impossible for one to resist from meal table if the chicken is served in.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ table juice lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 1/3cup packed ground sugar
- 3 celery rib sliced
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- ½ tablespoon Himalayan Pink salt
Direction to cook:
Take medium size bowl and mix together flour, garlic powder, pink salt and ground black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pot on medium flame. Now coat the chicken cubes in the mixed floor and put the pieces of chicken in hot oil, cook them for at least 8 to 10 minutes until the color of the chicken changes and the juice clears out. Place the pot aside. In the same pot, now heat one tablespoon of the cooking oil and add in it chopped onions, celery, and onion for 5 minutes until slightly tender. Now add the cooked chicken in the pot. In a bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice and pour on this mixture in the pot and cook it until it comes to the boil. Stir the chicken and vegetable and heat the boiling sauce for three minutes.
It’s ready to serve. Enjoy the hearty chicken with rice, Ideal serving for 4 persons.