Himalayan Chef Super Kernel Basmati Rice is aged to perfection to deliver a rich and delightful taste experience. This 100% natural, gluten-free, and non-GMO rice offers a healthy choice for your dishes, catering to various dietary preferences, including vegan and kosher diets. Enhance your dishes with the exquisite flavor and aroma of our Super Kernel Basmati Rice Old, a truly premium and satisfying addition to your kitchen.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. The standard nutrition advice is 2000 kcal per day.
The American Dietary Guidelines recommend that at least half of the grains consumed be basmati rice, white rice, etc. The recommendation is to consume 3 to 5 servings per day, depending on age, sex, and level of physical activity.
Cooking Basmati Rice to perfection requires some essential kitchen tips. It is crucial to rinse the rice thoroughly under cold water until the water runs clear. This step helps remove excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming too sticky. Soak the Basmati Rice in water for around 15 minutes before cooking and cook it for 8 minutes for the best results. When cooking, use the right ratio of rice to water, typically 1:2.
All products of Himalayan Chef have received high-level International Certifications in their respective categories as the primary qualifying standard for every product is certification.
HOW TO COOK ZARDA WITH SUPER KERNEL BASMATI RICE?
- Wash and soak 1 cup of Super Kernel Basmati Rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add the soaked rice. Cook until the rice is 70-80% cooked. Drain the excess water.
- In a separate pan, melt 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter) and add 1 cup of sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and forms a thick syrup.
- Add 1/4 cup of mixed dry fruits (such as raisins, almonds, pistachios) and 1/4 cup of candied fruits (such as orange peel) to the syrup.
- Add the partially cooked rice to the syrup mixture and mix gently to coat the rice with the syrup and fruits.
- Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld and the rice to fully cook and absorb the syrup. Enjoy the delightful and aromatic Zarda made with Super Kernel Basmati Rice!