386 BASMATI BROKEN RICE | HIMALAYAN CHEF
Himalayan Chef 386 Broken Basmati Rice is natural, gluten-free, and non-GMO rice offers a good choice for your dishes, catering to various dietary preferences, including vegan and kosher diets.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. The standard nutrition advice is 2000 kcal per day.
RECOMMENDED DAILY ALLOWANCE
The American Dietary Guidelines recommend that at least half of the grains consumed should be basmati rice, white rice, etc. The recommendation is to consume 3 to 5 servings per day, depending on age, sex, and level of physical activity.
Cooking Basmati Rice to perfection requires some essential kitchen tips. It is crucial to rinse the rice thoroughly under cold water until the water runs clear. This step helps remove excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming too sticky. Soak the Basmati Rice in water for around 15 minutes before cooking and cook it for 8 minutes for the best results. When cooking, use the right ratio of rice to water, typically 1:2.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
All products of Himalayan Chef have received high-level International Certifications in their respective categories, as the primary qualifying standard for every product is certification.
HEALTHY PULAO RECIPE
- Rinse the Himalayan Chef Super Kernel Basmati Rice Old under cold water and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water after soaking.
- In a large pot, heat vegetable oil or ghee over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, green cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaf. Sauté for a minute until aromatic.
- Add sliced onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Stir in minced garlic, grated ginger, and green chilies (if using). Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until they are lightly browned.
- Mix in plain yogurt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained rice to the pot and stir to combine with the chicken and spices.
- Pour in chicken broth or water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the pulao simmer until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish the Chicken Pulao with fresh coriander leaves.